October 9, 2011

Adam Lambert Is A Diva

Having lived in Los Angeles for over four months now, I've crossed paths with various celebrities and reality stars; and even slept with a few. Does that guy from the 1998 Gap commercial that only aired in Europe count? Well, nonetheless, I met up with a friend in Hollywood for a few drinks that led to a few more. After my third drink entitled "Stockholm Syndrome," I was feeling a little disoriented -- sort of like Patty Hearst when she got Stockholm Syndrome, except I didn't rob a bank with a machine gun. Or at least I don't think I did?

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a very tall guy in makeup with dark hair (not RuPaul) and I thought to myself, "That looks like the guy from X Factor. I mean Americas Got Talent. American Idol? Yes, that's right." I didn't think much of it because my date was much cuter until the bartender asked, "Are you with Adams party? Would you like me to charge these to him?"

Being honest (stupid) we said, "No, we are not." The drinks were cheap for L.A., only $15.00 each, so whatever.

Towards the end of the night, a few more friends met up with us and we were having a good time. I made friends with a girl with the party and I ate some of their food. I felt pretty badass.  As the night was winding down, a few of the girls went over to Adam when he was behind us and asked him for a picture.

"Oh my god .... OK. Can't I just go anywhere and just have fun?"

What?  You're a celebrity out in Hollywood at a popular Los Angeles bar a 1AM on a weekend -- what the fuck did you think was going to happen?

They ended up getting the picture, and if on cue, my friend said, "Ok, thanks Adam, and by the way, your five minutes of fame are almost over."

Not sure what was funnier -- that he said it, or that he said five instead of fifteen.  Either way, this post wasn't meant to bash Adam Lambert; if all of us were judged by random moments in bars, I'd be scared for myself and my PERFECT REPUTATION. Everyone has an off night and I hope people can see this post for what it is -- comedy. Now, as Adam is gay, make sure to check out the post Myths About Gay Men.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...